BS, Texas Tech University
MS, Texas Tech University
Texas Registered Interior Designer #1434
Originally from Dallas, Karla is passionate about going to new places and seeing new things. Her hobbies are reading, boating and traveling. Her favorite book is West with the Night by Beryl Markham. Her favorite projects at studioSIX5 have been Longhorn Village in Austin, and Timber Ridge in Seattle.
Karla is studioSIX5’s most senior project design and management specialist. She has experience on very large as well as medium size senior living projects across the continuum of care, with specialized expertise in interior designs for dementia care. Throughout her career Karla has focused on building long term client relationships, attention to project design details and the creation of excellent project documentation.
Karla is a superior project design team member and has worked with many national senior housing developers, architecture firms and other project consultants. Karla’s dedication to project design management excellence is unique, and has been recognized by studioSIX5’s clients’ requests for her assignment to additional projects.
Awards and recognition received by Karla during her career include:
- Texas Tech University Interior Design Advisory Board Member
- American Institute of Architects Healthcare Design Awards
- Master’s Thesis publication in Southwest Journal On Aging
Senior Living Project Experience at studioSIX5:
- Longhorn Village / CCRC / Austin, TX
- Timber Ridge / CCRC / Seattle, WA
- Skyline at First Hill / CCRC / Seattle, WA
- The Willows at Brooking Park / CCRC / St. Louis, MO
- Claridge Court / CCRC / Prairie Village, KS
- Brandon Woods / CCRC / Lawrence, KS
- The Stayton at Museum Way / CCRC / Ft. Worth, TX
- Westlake Village / CCRC / Amarillo, TX
- Solana at Cinco Ranch / IL and AL / Katy, TX
- Heritage / CCRC / Brentwood, TN
- Wingate / AL and MC / Needham, MA
- Heron’s Key / CCRC / Gig Harbor, WA