- This year, the industry will continue to see rapidly increasing construction costs stress project development proformas.
- Designers will find technology becoming further incorporated into signage and furnishings.
- Community design will continue to shift focus from including several decentralized amenity spaces in a community toward flexible multi-use rooms in a central hub of activity.
- Operators will increase attention to caregiver benefits/amenities to address staffing and retention concerns for the future.
- We will see a continued hospitality influence on senior living, however it will shift from focus on design to more personalized services for residents.
- Dining will take a special focus this year, with multiple and flexible restaurant venues providing variety for residents & families and attracting top quality chefs & personnel.
- The industry will continue to “go green,” with cruelty-free and eco-friendly products and materials made in America becoming more prevalent, motivating greater interest in company transparency to provide information regarding harmful material ingredients.
- Statement-making colors are back, as designs move toward neutral palettes layering greys and beige with accents of bright, saturated colors in furnishings and accessories.
- Vintage modern style will be utilized heavily, with an increase of modern furnishings being used throughout the community.
- 2017 will bring an increased focus on layering organic and geometric patterns, especially in flooring.
Calling all interns! studioSIX5 is accepting internship applications for Fall 2017. Visit studioSIX5.com/jobs for descriptions and how to apply. #atxinternships #celebratelife ... See MoreSee Less
The Legacy at South Plains is our latest Assisted Living and Memory Care community in "The Friendliest City in America", Lubbock, Texas. Project Design Manager Shauna Revo, Design Coordinator Jessica Crandall, and designer Kate Howell injected some Texas Tech pride into the eclectic, Southern charm of this community. Photography by Michael Lowry ow.ly/xu5R30dJFXP ... See MoreSee Less